Sunday 1 December 2013

Lipstick Favourites | Maybelline & L'oreal | December 1st

ImageSo it's 8:01pm on December 1st 2013 and I have no idea where my year has gone. When/if I have children they'll ask me what it was like when I was 19 and I'll say I have no idea because the year went way too quickly! So my plans for this December is to post everyday until the 1st of January. I want to do this to keep my mind occupied while I'm not studying and also help me write reviews a lot better. I'm used to writing fiction and I would classify a blog as non-fiction so it's a bit of a change but I am really enjoying it so far and have talked to a few lovely people in my short blogging time. I will also be reviewing Benefits They're Real! Mascara and the Porefessional Primer, which I won in the 2 truths and a lie competition and I'm very excited about. 

So I'm going to be reviewing the two lipsticks I have been wearing the most over the spring and will continue to wear over the summer.

Image

 

Top - L'Oreal Colour Riche Intense in Pink Passion
Bottom - Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipcolor in Coral Pop

Out of the two formulations I think that L'Oreals comes out on top. It feels really nice on the lips and isn't drying. Both colours are absolutely fantastic although I will say... when I purchased Pink Passion it looked like more of an orange pink in the store, I don't know if it was the lighting or if I was y'know.. drugged that day (I don't do drugs - stay in school) but it's pink. I love both of these colours, even if I was looking for another orangey colour! The Maybelline one, although the formula isn't as good as the L'Oreal one.. it's cheaper and the colour is fantastic. I think they both stay quite a good amount of time on my lips, especially considering the amount of water I drink. I also am so in love with corals right now and have obtained a few coral lipsticks but the Maybelline one is so pretty!

Overall, I love both of these lipsticks. I love the colours and the way they look. I would recommend them to anyone who likes bright lip colours like I do. 

What have been your favourite lipsticks recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment